|By PR Newswire||
|August 31, 2010 08:30 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 31 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced the success of AWPRx in moving its pharmacy benefit management services, for the workers' compensation industry, to the cloud. AWPRx deployed Sales Cloud 2, Chatter and multiple custom apps built on the Force.com platform across its entire organization in order to run its business operations in the cloud, generating savings on data center and infrastructure costs, and a greater focus on customers without having to worry about administration, maintenance or upgrades.
AWPRx helps more than 95 percent of the nation's pharmacies fill prescriptions and manage claims online for workers' compensation beneficiaries on behalf of insurance carriers and third-party administrators. They were looking for a new system to replace their complex homegrown solution that could be quickly deployed and easily extended over time. In addition, AWPRx wanted employees to easily collaborate and share information on claimants, clients, vendors and regulatory organizations.
AWPRx Deploys Salesforce.com Cloud Computing Applications to Every Employee
Every employee at AWPRx is using cloud computing applications from salesforce.com, including Sales Cloud 2, Salesforce Chatter and custom applications built on the Force.com platform.
- AWPRx built several custom applications on Force.com including:
- Client protocols - (FORCERx) Houses business rules for each client activity and process.
- Finance - Manages pharmacy remittance and client invoicing.
- Risk and compliance - Tracks workers comp fee schedules by state and ensures compliance regulatory agencies.
- Human resources - Tracks attendance, punctuality and performance along with employee benefits, paid time off, reviews, and training programs.
- AWPRx replaced their corporate Web site with one built on Force.com Sites, allowing customers and employees to login to their portals.
- AWPRx implemented a customized partner portal for more than 200 clients and vendors to access consumer pre-authorization and reimbursement information.
- The company also customized its implementation with a number of applications from AppExchange 2, including Jigsaw to feed lead sources into its Salesforce CRM system, Vertical Response for e-mail marketing, and Jitterbit for integration with Amazon Web Services.
- With its recent deployment of Chatter, employees have a new way to collaborate and keep up to date on project status and activities companywide.
Cloud Computing Delivers Cost and Time Savings for AWPRx
- With its operations now in the cloud, AWPRx is saving over $100,000 annually on data center and infrastructure costs. The team no longer worries about administration, maintenance, and upgrades, and is able to have a greater focus on customers.
- AWPRx has greater reliability and scalability along with improved visibility to the effectiveness of lead-gen activities - leads can now be tracked all the way through the pipeline.
- With Force.com, non-technical staff can help design custom applications--including page layouts and report customization--so tools better address business needs.
Comments on the News
- "Salesforce CRM and the custom applications we've built with Force.com have helped us move our entire business to the cloud," said Jay Roy, CEO of AWPRx. "With Chatter we are only at the beginning of what we see as endless possibilities to grow our business in what is a very competitive market."
- For more on AWPRx's story, visit http://www.salesforce.com/customers/insurance/awprx.jsp
- Follow @salesforce on Twitter
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and CRM applications (http://www.salesforce.com/crm) have revolutionized the way companies collaborate and communicate with their customers, including:
- The Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- The Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
- Chatter, for social collaboration
- The Force.com platform, for custom application development
- The AppExchange, the world's leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
Salesforce.com offers the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing. As of July 31, 2010, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 82,400 customers including Allianz Commercial, Dell, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Copyright (c) 2010 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce and the "no software" logo are registered trademarks of salesforce.com, inc., and salesforce.com owns other registered and unregistered trademarks. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar